Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday January 27, 2008

Another rough night for Bonnie with pain and little sleep. She asked for a bagel sandwich for breakfast since the hospital food was, well, hospital food. She then had a shower and got dressed to leave. It was about 10 am. So we packed up and hauled everthing to the cars and sit and waited. And waited, and waited.

They had to do the paper work and get the prescriptions to take home. So we waited and waited and finally got the paperwork done and the scripts and left at 12:30.

We got home and got Bonnie situated in her nice soft Intelligel bed and she had a couple hour nap. Once church ended at 4 then some people came by and my sisters, Karla and Laraine stopped on the way home from St George, she got up and visited and had something to eat. She is dealing with the pain with help from meds and getting her bowels moving again (enjoying that).

She goes to see the surgeon on Thursday to find out the next steps. Probably set up to see an Oncologist and start Chemo once she is recoverd from the surgery. We speculate that will be a couple weeks.

Thanks for all your concerns and support.
Love the Rawlings

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm here, I have been reading the updates and apologize I haven't come back to post a comment sooner. I put your family's names on our prayer roll in Nauvoo while I was there yesterday. We're praying and thinking about you. Thanks for starting the blog, it is a great idea to keep people updated, and probably a great outlet for you as well.

Take care, and we love you lots!

Tara

Kirt & Crista Rawlings said...

Hello,

I read Merrisa's original email and we put Bonnie's and your names on the prayer roll at the Sacto. Temple last week. But this is the first chance I've had to read the blog. Thanks for putting it together.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go thru this trying time. We wish you all the best and Heavenly Father's blessings.

With lot's of love and prayers,

Kirt, Crista and kids

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Bonnie. Yes, we are thinking of you and praying for you. Great Blog Kevin - great idea.

Kim Madsen said...

I am so glad you are home, Bonnie...and surprised that it was sooner than a week from surgery! Good for you! I apologize for not getting to the hosptial--we've been in the middle of trying to paint and help our oldest daughter move to a new house. I was coming this morning, and then stopped to read the blog and was shocked to see you were home! I will be up to see you today...and bring some movies...

Hugs!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hello, Bonnie, Kevin and Family.
So glad to hear that you're home - there's no place better. Rest and get well.

Brad

Linda M said...

Bonnie: I'm so glad you're at home now. Hope all the further treatment goes well. Hang in there!

BTW, can you post your mailing address for cards, etc.

Linda M said...

Sorry, that was me, Linda Moyes from Delaware.

Anonymous said...

RAWLINGS FAMILY

PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM PRAYING FOR YOU.
I WILL BE JOINING THE FAST ON SUNDAY
KEEP THE FAITH
LOVE
IONA MOORE

Anonymous said...

RAWLINGS FAMILY

SORRY I AM NOT ANONYMOUS,
I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW HOW MUCH YOU ARE ALL ON MY MIND.
I AM KEEPING THE FAITH WITH YOU GUYS.
LOVE YOUR FAMILY.
IONA

Anonymous said...

I have been checking the updates everyday. We are thinking of you all and are in our prayers.
Nate & Amber Porter